1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It feels like either way I won't be happy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RGX Guy, May 2, 2008.

1. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

Ok. So I can tell people I'm bi and be unhappy because there are going to be people that want to crack jokes and dislike me for it. (I like being liked and I don't like having to fight people). And it would be wicked awkward with my family. Hopefully they'll be REALLY accepting of it.

Or I can stay in the closet and continue hiding my feelings from guys who i like that may like me.

Its like a lose lose situation.

Suggestions?

2. Quitex

Quitex Guest

You can make it a win/win situation just my changing your attitude. Gosh and here I am, I should follow my own advice.

#1. You can tell your friends and family you're bi (only when you're ready to do so, by the way) and let them know you are still the fun, enjoyable sincere person you were before and the reason you're telling them this is because you can't stand hiding soemthing as important to them and that they mean a lot to you.
    #2. OR, you can remain on the closet but having two or three people that you can really talk about what you're going through so at the end, #1 will end happening.
    And if they dislike you or just leave you JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE BI, then, are they really worth your time?

(*hug*)
    We'll be always here. At least most of the time. Now i need to sleep.

3. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

I guess you're right.
    But it'll happen sooner or later... right? Why not sooner?

I think I might be ok with later like seriously. Lol.
    And another problem I have is trusting people and having control about what people know about me.

If I tell even one person its going to get leaked to everybody because that's just my luck. Haha.

But yeah. I guess I just need some rest, the stress of it all is getting to me. = (

I'll live I've been through rougher. =]
    Thanks for your help!

4. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If and when you do come out, do it on your own time, in your own way. Do it in a way that makes YOU most happy. And dont do it alone:rolleyes:

5. Jim1454

Just hang out here and get used to the idea that you're gay / bi. The more comfortable you are with yourself, the less concerned you'll be with what other people have to say.

Plus - lots of stories here confirm that most people are supportive, or at least indifferent.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there, just stick around here for a while. Read some of the other threads and information on this site, which might help you in getting more secure with yourself. We always have out doubts and are worried about what other people might think at first but as Jim1454 said:
    Plus, only come out to others when you are ready for it and you feel that the timing is right.