1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closet door is cracking

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by maracont, Jul 9, 2013.

1. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    I want to come out, I really do. I wanna tell all my friends I'm bisexual.
    I'm scared though. I'm just conflicting on doing it. I don't know how they'll react, I don't know if they'll still like me.
    The thing is, their all atheists respectfull of LGBT, and I'm just one of the weirdest people they know already.
    So when I'm optimistic and reasonable I know they'll be like
    "so, does this mean you'll start dating male kitchen appliances instead of just Susan toaster, and Rachel the pannini press?"
    Or like:
    "We'll, I'm glad your pacman cult supports gays and stuff."
    Or like: "THAT'S ALL!? I thought you were a clopping mlp furry Or something!(I am but still)
    Or just make a sexual joke, like we do with everything.:rolle:
    But when I'm not as optimistic I think they'll stop being my friend and the whole school will come down on me in a flurry of religious Texan hatred! :roflmao:

I Donno. That's why I'm here, OPINIONATe, assist me!
    Convince me I'm crazy and to come out!:help:

#1 maracont, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  2. LinkLarkin

Definitely come out if you're ready, you'll find it such a relief! Also, don't feel pressured to come out to everybody at once. I'm only out to a handful of my friends, saving everybody else for after the summer holidays.

If you want to make sure your friends will react well (which you make them sounds liberal enough to do) then just try raising the topic with them subtly - ask their opinion on the gay marriage stuff going on, or strike up a conversation about a famous LGBT person. If they're in favour of LGBTQ rights then just casually mention that you're bi!

Good luck!

3. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    i know the feeling i have a mom who is an activist for gay rights but i could never tell her. Although in your situation i think you should come out it seems like you have more to gain than lose and telling them seems like it will only strengthen your friendship. Then again only you can decide.:goodluck:

4. maracont

Hmm, maybe at our age your mom would think you were bi/pan because of her, and her i treat in gay rights. You could run into some problems with that I think.

5. gavguy

gavguy Guest

This is something which is so hard to do, and my hinges fell off my closet door long ago.
    You are the only person who knows when the times is right to come out, how confident you are and how supportive the people are around you all play a huge part.
    I found that by talking to friends who were supportive was the first step before finally coming put to the rest of the people around me.

6. maracont

closet doors off those damn hinges now. im out in the living room.

7. darkprincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    How did it all go?