1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out to my friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FucSoc, Jul 9, 2013.

1. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual, but not completly sure.
    why not? because it seems to me so bizarre that of all the people in the world, it turns out that I am not straight. i've always heard about gays but I never believed I would be like that.
    When I see women's relationship, it seems to me so pure, good, beautiful and attractive, even more than relationship between a man and a woman.
    So maybe I just want to feel attraction toward girls? maybe it's not real?
    anyway, I feel like I have to share with someone what I feel, so I think about maybe tell my good friend about my thoughts and about my sexual orientation. ( she is completely supports the LGBT community)
    But the thing that scares me is that I'll come out to her and in the end it will turns out I'm straight.
    so what do you think? should I come out to my friend?

2. My Simple Song

Out Status:
    Some people
    To me it seems as if you are confused, but if you feel the need to discuss your sexual orientation with anyone, a friend that is a supporter of the LGBT is a good start (as they know you far better than anyone here could). And LGBT aren't necessarily the stereotypes that everyone makes them out to be, each person is different and may express their given orientation in a hundred different ways. With bisexuality there is always a grey area, if you wish to know for sure try experimenting with girls as well as guys if you haven't already.

I would say to tell her how you feel about your sexuality as she may be having the same questions about herself, but you have to be able to trust her to keep your secret if you are afraid of solidifying your orientation, don't know if it will be safe to come out or don't want to come out yet. Some people feel the need to be closeted due to internalized homophobia, if this is your reason for not coming out to this friend know that is completely natural to not be straight, in fact it happens often in nature (to the destain of homophobic religious people everywhere).

3. iAlwaysHungry

if ur ready and comfortable to come out to ur friend, then it doesnt hurt to try
    if ur friend doesnt accept u for who u are, then he/she is not ur friend, tell ur friend how u feel, it looks like ur confused but make sure to tell one of ur trusted friends ^^

4. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel ready to, then you should do it.

5. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

thank you for your respond :slight_smile:
    I do trust my friend. I guess I'll know in real time if I'm ready to tell her or not.
    I know I am a little confused, although i think i shouldn't because its so obvious-
    - I had a few crushes on girls that I knew from the internet
    - I find women attractive
    - and I have feelings for more than a half a year to woman that i know from my real life
    Everytime I find another reason to doubt my attraction to women.
    I tell myself and i feel like i don't mind to be bisexual, but I'm beginning to think I try to deny my sexual identity, without my notice