1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotional? Or Physical? Hm...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MeskElil, May 2, 2008.

1. MeskElil

Okay, here's the predicament: i'm physically attracted to women...especially my best (and straight) friend--but let's not get into that now--while simultaneously i'm EMOTIONALLY attracted to men...like, i don't think of guys THAT way...but i don't have deep, intimate emotional relations with girls...so...what am i? my friend says i'm bi, which is why i signed up as that...but i'm not sure...any other takes on it? i'm not upset or anything...just curious to see what other people will say...

2. sayitforreals

Thats understandable. I must say that its probably obnoxious as well. but Im pretty sure youre bi.

3. ccdd

ccdd Guest

A lot of us on here have had the same problems - am I gay/bi? Am I sexually attracted to them, or just emotionally? What's the difference?

When I first came on here, these were the questions I was asking myself, but then I soon realised, with help from others, that it doesn't really matter - you like who you like. Plus, you mustn't forget that you have the whole of your life to figure this out.

It sounds like you could be bi, although the fact that you've never been physically attracted to a guy means you might just be lesbian - but only you will actually know this.

One thing I would ask yourself though is: who do you fall in love with? Who do you crush on? Who do you fantasise about, who gives you the tingles, who makes your heart race? That will tell you who you're attracted to.

But good luck figuring it out!

4. jazzrawr

i have that problem too...im sexually attracted to guys and girls, but only emotionally attracted to girls. I consider myself Bi usually, but im not sure because i could only have a serious relationship with a girl. But i think eventually ill figure out who i want to be with, and so will you :slight_smile:

5. Sam

Sam

Confusing and annoying isn't it. Well while we can offer some advice, its really something you have to figure out on your own and some never figure it out and that is ok. I hate labels the only reason people want you to put a label on yourself is so that they can better understand and because society is obsessed with labels. Some people are completely gay, some are bi and some don't know how to label their feelings and they just go with what feels right. It may take some time but you will figure it out. I wish I could help more. I myself don't know exactly where I fit in and I don't think I will ever fit into a nice little label. Oh and welcome to EC!

Sam

6. MeskElil

thank you so much...everyone above is right...i think i might just have to search within myself. the thing is that i really didn't think about myself this way until last year...so i always crushed on guys because i thought that that was what was expected of me (my family is a little closed-minded--everyone but my parents). and then this year when i found out one of my friends was gay, i looked back on my life and thought, whoa! maybe there's a reason why i always thought guys were icky :lol: . i'm just not sure...right now i'm just going with my heart and helping my friend along the way.

7. RENThead

this is the answer i give to people when they ask me if im a lesbian:

i dont feel the need to conform to a lable, i am who i am, and i like who i like, i cant help the way i feel.

you dont have to know what you are, or what you want just yet, just be you, and things will come to you in time.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>so...what am i?

You're 16.

Seriously.

Lex