1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So i think i might come out?!?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by The_Poets, Jul 9, 2013.

1. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    Hey,
    So in a few weeks i go to this incredible summer camp for uu teens. Every one there is so accepting and loving. Some of the counselors are even gay (and married!!!). I have a really great friend from there who is gay and i think i might come out at the camp. I am debating how to do it. I think i will probably come out at the evening campfire. the question is which one? there is one every night and most of them campers are allowed to tell personal stories. Also i'm questioning if i should tell my friend first that way i will have some one who supports me. Also how humorous should i be? I want people to take me serious but i don't want the conversation to turn morbid. Also should i come out as just bisexual or pan/bi? If you guys have any ideas then that would be wonderful! I know in the end its my decision but any support i can get is great.

:icon_bigg:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::thewave:

2. Batman is swag

Hi! So good for you for having the courage to come out! =) OMG I want to go to this camp!!!! Lol ok. So if I were you, I would tell my friend first, then the rest of the camp. And a little humor never hurts. Just don't be so ridiculously flippant that nobody can possibly take you seriously.
    It's really up to you. Maybe take a night or two to get to know everyone there.

Best of luck-have lots of fun!

3. flight

I would personally do it at the end. I know it sounds horrible, but lets say their are some homophobes and they make camp really awkward for you. It shouldn't happen with some of the counselors being out, but you never know. It should be fine! I say go for it, but just find the right time to do it. If you makes some friends and you think it's fine, it's time to burn that closet door!

Have fun at camp! You'll have fun!