1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The First Person You Were Attracted Too?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PurpleRose, Jul 10, 2013.

1. PurpleRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It was not until I was thinking about my sexuality did I realize the first person I ever found attractive was a female. I had buried it deep in my mind and it didn't surface for over 10 years.

She was my babysitter as a kid and a few years older then me. I sort of knew I liked her then but I was still a bit to young to understand what I was feeling.

What about you? Did you understand right at the moment or did it take a few days/months/ years to sink in?

#1 PurpleRose, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  2. Thegreatperhaps

I know my first school crush was in the first or second grade and her name was Katie. I remember feeling so excited when she was at the same birthday party I was invited to. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Well, I understand this now like years and years later. But like you, I was too young to honestly comprehend that it was a crush at the time.

3. Amerigo

probably a cartoon character idk. i've been attracted to all kinds of people, only in the past year or so has it narrowed down to mostly men. odd.

4. BiPenguin

Sexually - was a friend of the family. He was a few years older than me.

Attracted too as in possible relationship wise was when I was just over 20 years old and he was 17/18 years old. We liked each other but it was the early 90's and we both feared the retribution but it was me who chickened out, sadly.

5. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I think it must have been Elton John when I was about 7 in the mid seventies as I can remember looking an album cover and kissing it but didn't realise I was gay until I was about 15

6. LinkLarkin

I think when I was younger I deluded myself into thinking I had crushes on girls just to fit in. My first proper crush on a boy was probably when I was about 12, but I decided that it meant I was bisexual. Took me a few more years to realise that my crushes on girls weren't actually crushes.

7. SeaMist

Out Status:
    Some people
    My friend in seventh grade. I had switched schools between fifth grade and seventh grade, and my world was turned around, my bubble was popped, and I had no idea that I was anything but straight for another year.

8. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

My first physical attraction was a male model
    My first emotional and physical attraction was a woman that i've known,
    it took me a few months to understand what those feelings mean

9. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is something that I realized only a couple of weeks ago. My very first gay crush was Adam Lambert on American Idol. Wow, that was a long time ago... 2009. :eusa_naug

10. rjrh20

This girl at school in sixth grade. I remember her just being really pretty and she was super nice, but I didn't realize I was gay until the summer after sixth grade.

11. Steak is food

Out Status:
    Some people
    Uh..............I don't know. In all likelihood it was a girl because I didn't really have any idea I was bi until I became really attracted to this guy I know about 1.5 years ago.

12. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just re-read my post. I did not mean to put the emoticon on the end of that! I must of accidentally added it. Oops!

13. Sabinian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, I'm with you. I'd been actively repressing my sexuality from when I was 11-12 (sometime during sixth grade when I first noticed) til April of this year and I looking back I can think of a lot of boys I thought were really hot in middle school, high school, and college. The first was probably a kid who I was in a play with. I still remember.

14. KingdomKeyDK

I felt I was bi when I got a crush on this girl Caroline in Kindergarten, and when I was in 7th Grade, I had a crush on this amazing blonde haired, blue eyed stud. He was amazing... His name was William.

15. TheUglyBarnacle

I think I might have had a crush on this girl when I was a kid but I'm not sure. First real crush, though, that I have acknowledged of, is this classmate of mine I have been crushing on for the past few months. I really have to get over her. :S

16. mattygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My first crush was my neighbor across the street. I thought she was so cute and then hot when I was a teen. I still have a thing for redheads. hehe

17. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    Well i had my first crush on a boy in kindergarten. My first girl crush that i actually took seriously was in sixth grade. but the one that made me seriously question my sexuality was in 8th grade

18. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

From about 5th grade to 7th grade I had the biggest crush on one of my best friends. He moved away after 7th grade, but I used to think about him day and night. He was so cute...

19. destiny99

destiny99 Guest

A girl named Madison when I was about 10. I was in denial and told myself that yeah she was pretty, and if I was a guy then I'd like her, but since I'm a girl I didn't. The worst part is I didn't even recognize as any kind of actual attraction for 3 years when I began to question my sexuality.

20. jp97

when I was 12 I had a crush on a boy named Dylan.