1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come out to father

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FreeFlow9917, Jul 10, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

Well i'm sick of this damn closet as it is too constricting so i need to ask, how do i come out to my dad. He's not the greatest person for lgbt, i mean he's not super homophobic, but when he gets the chance, he'll call them out. Recently my step-dad (step-dad and dad are friends) got a speeding ticket for going 81 on a 65 highway. When we got back home, they were calling the cop who gave us a ticket a lesbian, but the law is the law, and he wants to go to court to argue it.

My real dad in my mind would absolutely disown me and mentally hurt me like he used to. He used to call me retard and ass-hole, and i have autistic abilities and mild aspergers. I really have no father figure as my mom has been in three relationships and a divorce with my step-dad and remarried him.

My mom doesn't really believe me and just is shocked every time i bring it up, like a denial look and shock. It's so hard, as the only person who accepts me is my psychologist and my best friend who lives in tennessee.

What is the best way to come out to my father as i have a feeling of getting absolutely disowned by him and being accepted by mom and step-dad (Oh Btw lesbian comment probably out of anger)