1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tentative Coming Out Date

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kamina, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Kamina

So it's a ways off but I would like to come out before march break 2014. I'm posting here to try and help motivate myself to do so. Any advice/words of wisdom to impart?

2. LD579

I think it's less about dates and more about timing and when it's good for you, personally. That's all I can say. A good friend of mine just randomly came out to a coworker of his because the timing was insanely good, and he was ready to take that step.

3. misssunshine91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey :slight_smile:

I think it's a good idea to have a date by which you want to have told people about you, but also it might set a little pressure on you, don't you think?
    Well, I know that pretty well...
    Yesterday, I went to have breakfast with a good friend of mine, and actually, I had planned to come out to her.. Well, I didn't (who'd have thought?).. Just felt like it wasn't the right moment... So you should just talk to people about that when you feel really comfortable about it, not just because it's maybe end of february 2014 and you think "omg, I still gotta tell so many people!!!"... You know what I mean?
    Take your time!

4. Kamina

Thank you both for the advice. I really appreciate it, I will definitially try not to putpressire on myself. I have a bad habit of that. I just wanted to have, a goal. Something to work towards :slight_smile:

5. Aster Tataricus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why worry on the date? You can come out anytime. As long as you find the timing appropriate.

Why not practice in front of a mirror how you plan to come out? You could write down a speech or rehearse it like a play. You might not come out how you planned it, but the words will come out easier that way.

No pressure, and no rush. Do it at your own pace :wink:
    Good Luck :thumbsup:

6. misssunshine91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hehe, I like the thought about practicing in front of a mirror, I might try that one...
    :slight_smile: