1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by louise777, Jul 11, 2013.

1. louise777

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    hi im 22 still hidden away in my stupid closet i have always liked dressing as a girl from a young age as it makes me feel normal in a way i really wish i could dress on a more of a full time bases but im scared as none of my family or friends know about louise my female side :wink: and i live with them atm but im moving away for a year so i guess my question is is it more easier to come out when your apart from family and friends?

please help

louise

2. LinkLarkin

Hi Louise! I think this depends very much on how you expect them to react. If you don't think they're going to be happy about the news then it might be good to do it while you're around so that they have some time to calm down before you have a proper conversation about it. On the other hand, if you think they won't mind at all then they might be a bit hurt that you couldn't tell them in person, and you'll definitely feel better having a face to face conversation. All I would advise is that if you do come out while you're away, make sure that it's for good reasons rather than just running away from your fear. (*hug*)