1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird responses when coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DarknessX, Jul 11, 2013.

1. DarknessX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone! I'm new here. First off, I would like to thank the entire EC community for helping me. It really helps when seeing I'm not the only one with problems about my sexuality.

I came out to my best friends and some family members some time ago and although nobody seemed to have a problem with me being gay, I noticed most of them started asking me questions about my sex life right away, it's none of their concern! Most people didn't see it coming so I understand that they were shocked but no matter how confident I am in telling them, they always seem to mess it up by asking me very personal or weird questions. And guys usually ask if I have a crush on them. This happened several times and I'm starting to get annoyed and worry I might be doing something wrong here. Is there something I can do to prevent these awkward conversations? Or should I just keep ignoring these reactions? Is there someone else having these problems?

2. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No,usual reactions.
    I guess my parents would also ask me personal questions all the time if they knew that I already kissed a guy.

3. My Simple Song

Out Status:
    Some people
    DarknessX these are typical reactions, if you wish to avoid awkward conversation immediately after you can prepare a printed list of questions and answers that most of the people who you come out to ask you... In regards to the personal questions you can say that you don't wish to speak of it at this moment and then slowly answer them as you open up to them or as the friendship grows... but at least you have been getting positive reactions which is defiantly a good start...