1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think she knows...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by The_Poets, Jul 11, 2013.

1. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    Hey,
    I was talking with my best friend in summer school, and i tried to sneak up on her from behind ( as a joke). and she jokingly says " wow, i had no idea you felt this way about me. You know you can tell me anything." she said this sarcastically. I know she thought i was a lesbian for a while, and she has asked me before, indirectly, if i am lesbian. " i have always replied with "no im not a lesbian". I hate deceiving her even if i'm technically stating the truth. Today i almost said " yes im gay, bisexual/pansexual to be exact". I'm afraid of how she will react. Plus there is the factor of always being around others. I almost dont want to come out for fear that this might just be a "phase". Even though i dont think it is. Also something happened last year that terrified me...

... I was sitting in the library working on a school project. When this guy sitting next to me saw a video of a dog being put to sleep because its owner thought it was gay. The kid laughed then went as far as saying that he thought all gays should be put to sleep. Needless to say i freaked out. I went home that day and sobbed because i knew that if that actually happened that would be applying to me.

I hate homophobia