1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by redskins20, Jul 11, 2013.

1. redskins20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey just really quick, how do you know when you're ready to come out and tell people. I'm 16, and still in high school, so I really don't want to come out anytime soon. I was just wondering how/when you know you're ready. Any details from when you came out would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

2. My Simple Song

Out Status:
    Some people
    Experiment with guys and girls if you have to, but the real questions that need to be asked before you come out, or at least in my mind were
    1) Do I know what I am? (if so What am I?)
    2) Can I accept who I am? (because come on if you cant accept yourself how can you tell anyone else)
    3) Is there anyone I know that will be accepting to turn to as a last resort? (if so who? as this this should be the first person you tell)
    4) Do I want to be fully out or only out to the people closest to me?
    5) If openly out am i ready for the stigma that comes with my chosen sexuality?
    6) Am I going to be accepted or rejected by my family?
    {7) If my entire family were to reject my lifestyle am I independent enough and financially secure enough to live the way i want to live?}
    note that for the seventh question I didn't need to ask myself this as i knew my parents might be disheartened by the news but wouldn't kick me out based off my disposition...

Im only out to about 10 people as of today but i tested the waters by asking about gay rights in normal conversation to gauge their tolerance, and to make sure that I wouldn't be ostracized by people i would assume to be accepting... so far everyone has been fairly accepting but there are always going to be people either ignorant to the meaning of sexuality or in denial of their own sexuality that will want to tear you down if they ever found out that you were anything other than straight... just ignore the haters as they can't stand that LGBT love is stronger then their hatred for us