1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dramma

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jace, May 3, 2008.

1. Jace

ok soo like a loong time ago (a month? idk) my friend taylor (girl) was texting me about a guy, nathan, now i'd met him but i didnt really know/pay much attention to him

here's the conversation:

taylor: so what do you think of nathan?
    me: the one with the lisp?
    taylor: yeah, what do you think of him?
    me: idk why?
    taylor: well he's bi and...
    me: he likes me?
    taylor: mmhmm a little
    me: well i havent really talked to him but hes kinda cute

ok now heres a little back story at the time taylor was dating gabe (margaret's ex, but idt thats important) so...

a little later i got a friend request from him and he msged me saying hi blah blah whatever i kinda blew him off with fake answwers/quetions/topics but ah well

well a couple more weeks later taylor broke up with gabe (ugh she has issues with like loving to easily (not sex just like pour out your heart love shit) and then idk how many days later nathan broke up with shayla (dont worry about her shes not important to the sttory) and him and taylor started going out

this was all happening while i was getting settled in my new house and we hadnt gotten internet yet but when we got it hooked up (the day sfter they started going out) and i check my myspace i saw that i had new msgs and like truth box things and me and nathan started talking and well it turns out that i kinda like him (alot) and he still likes me but taylor is (you guessed it) in love with nathan (which i soo dont get, she was in love with gabe but broke up with him and then a day later started going out with nathan) soo......... idk but i dont know what to do because i dont want to hurt anyone or something but i dont want to ignore my own feelings (lol that sounds lame)

and then on top of all that my friend sam is trying to set me up with this other guy who i dont know at all

what do i dooo?

2. Paralyzer

Girls.. haha XD

I have a friend just like that
    She tells me about this guy she LOVES for days, and then they break up and she comes to me for advice and support.. then she falls for another guy like 2 days later... and says the EXACT same overly optimistic stuff about the new guy..

I don't really know what you should do.. but you should confront her jokingly and be like "You took my man!".. just to know where she stands on the fact that she originally intended him for you.. then move from there.

Other than that, I think you should meet the new guy. :grin:

3. Jace

i think you might of misinterprited it see its notlike she was trying to set me up with nathan just like asking what i thought that whole conversation basically got brushed under the rug and forgotten so...

and im not so sure about the new guy he doesnt seem very enthusiastic about having a bf and hes not out (plus idont think hes reached a level of confort with his sexuality to even be considering a bf, at least from what sam and alecia told me)

4. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i have been saying this to so many people this in the last week, just move on. look for someone who isn't taken and get know him.

5. boy0boy

Yes appropriate title. Well at first I thought the conversation was aimed at hooking you two up.. but then she suddenly dates him!!!

Maybe you should... not take your own advice but, how much DO you like Nathan? Enough to act on it and make a move and possibly ruin your relationship with Taylor? Or is it better off to just sit on it.. wait it out and just see what happens. I agree with Paralyzer a nice little friendly comment like that might gauge her thoughts, but OVERALL. She's with him now, not too much you can do without being kinda jerky

6. Rahata

It doesn't sound to me like taylor will be hurt. To me its sounds likes she's on the rebound. Talk with her I think would be your best bet. Don't do it up front but come into the topic slowly see how she reacts. I don't think it will be bad you guys sounds like close friends so maybe she'll like the fact you like the same guys as her?