1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a social anxiusness problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by InactiveUser1, Jul 12, 2013.

1. InactiveUser1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    when ur among people u dont know if they are gay/bi/straight whatever... and u feel anxious
    how do u cope with the situation ?

does it have a toll on ur body physically like small belly pains,extreme anxiusness, a feeling that u just wanna go away
    and never come back and go to ur safe heaven (house)

i ask this to get opinions because i feel weird around people i dont know and it has hampered my social skills to the point i feel asap an outsider since im bi curius.
    and i found out after some years that i cant be myself if the other doesn't know this about me... and i get those small belly pains or belly annoyances something like this.. and i just wanna go back to my house ...

maybe my almost secluded life is taking a heaver toll on me that i have imagined?

anyway i hope someones explains what they do in a situation or this or even make some examples soo i can try to cope..... and by the way all is around people outside internet

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

There are many social situations I am not comfortable in. When I was younger I would drink to ease anxiety (not the best plan).

Having more years of experience I find LGBT groups are the easiest. I don't have to be on guard duty worrying about some knob being stupid and loud about the gay community.

My social anxiety has never made me sick but I am familiar with the desire to leave a situation and often have. Much less so now with life experience but many things are social duties for me others seem to enjoy that I simply tolerate.

Like you if I know the crowd I am much more comfortable and I usually focus on those I know. I have found no solution so far.