1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what would make a guy friend stop talking?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RGX Guy, May 3, 2008.

1. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

The guy I have a crush on has pretty much stopped talking to me. He's paying me back for something but that's all he really talks to me about. How he's going to pay me back and he might say what's up or how are you.

He reads my messages but rarely replies back and if he does decide to reply back he'll reply twice at the most. And he never answers my phone calls anymore. I don't think he knows I like him ( I'm in the closet and if he likes guys he is too ) he used to reply and pick up the phone!

I don't understand. I haven't done anything to the kid! How do I figure out what's up without seeming too hung up on him?

2. Brett

He sounds a little depressed to me........maybe you should just say that you noticed that's he's been acting a little weird lately, and tell him that if ever wants to talk, you're there. Just leave it at that and don't bother him about it.......it'll make him talk to you even less.

3. Grof142007

maybe he realize u like him behim seeing something your not

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem with phone calls (and worse, text messages) is that a lot of "clues" are gone. You don't see the guy frowning, or looking worried or angry, or see if he's distracted, or hear that exasperated tone of his voice. Even when nothing is said at all, you still miss out. If you send a text message saying "How you doing?" and get no response, any number of things could be happening. If you say in person "How you doing?" and get no reponse, you know he's either really busy, really distracted, or really snubbing you. :slight_smile:

Because of all this, if you want to find something out, it's much better to do in person. So go find out. In person. He may just have a lot going on. So go see him, and say, "Hey, you haven't been very chatty lately. Anything wrong?"

Lex

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

There may be something else up in his life, nothing to do with you. Or maybe he just feels you're growing apart, whch can happen sometimes without any specfic cause from either person. It's sad for you, especially as you like him, but there's probabaly not much you can do. You could try asking him but he may not want to tell you, and if none of your other friends know, there's no real way to find out. Just keep being there for him if he gets more friendly again, or try to not think about it too much. (*hug*)