1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overwhelmed by support

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sidewinderSCOOT, Jul 12, 2013.

1. sidewinderSCOOT

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well about a week or so ago I came out to 3 of my closest friends. One was very accepting and hasn't changed his attitude towards me really...but he hasn't brought up my gayness once since I came out. One was very VERY excited! She couldn't stop hugging me and telling me how proud she is of me and excited for me. It was really nice, but I feel like she doesn't quite get how much internalized homophobia I am trying to work through...she seems more excited than I am. But my best guy friend, he has given me the best support I can honestly ask for. He's been an open ear to everything I had to say and and has been giving me really good advice. He seems so accepting of it it's crazy, I couldn't have imagined anything going better. But I still was feeling down about myself, still felt awkward and uncomfortable . I was texting him (my best guy friend) and gave him a huge rant of how angry I was about being gay and how I was worried to come out to anyone else. He gave me some great advice and said at one point "Just take a deep breath...relax...and remember being gay is NOT WRONG its different...but not wrong in any way shape or form! So just be yourself! And if anybody judges you for that I will kick there homophobic asses! Promise!"
    I have been re reading that over and over everytime I start having a mini panic attack or feeling down. I think he is really gunna help me through this. I am already feeling way better. I urge anyone who's having a hard time and wants to come out to a close friend, do it. Just say it. Get them alone and just say I need to talk to u about something important. And just say it. It's scary, but I feel so much better and it's so nice to hear from another person that your loved. :grin:

2. LinkLarkin

That's fantastic, congratulations for coming out and well done for making friends with such wonderfully supportive people! :grin:

3. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I am so proud of you. Such an awesome story!

4. sidewinderSCOOT

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thx u guys :slight_smile:
    I woke up this morning and read that text again and feel like I could take on the world! Slowly but surely, I can tell I'm getting better at accepting myself, can't wait till I come out to everyone! :grin:
    But seriously, u never know the support u can receive from a friend till u put ur trust in them. I'm so glad I did, I hope this helps others to as well

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations, it is always good to hear a positive coming out story, it gives others hope, it won't take away the fear, but it gives people a bench mark to strive towards :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

6. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, glad it all worked out and you got the support you needed.

7. gavguy

gavguy Guest

A big pat on the back for you, congratulations to have the courage to come out and I bet you feel so much better in doing so ?
    It sounds like you have some amazing friends which is fantastic and it's friends like yours which really make it much easier and are there for you to give support.