1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jsdujbfius I HATE people. [friend issue]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, May 4, 2008.

1. MusicIsLife

Today was my 19th birthday! Yaaaaaaay! happy birthday to me. Except i got an issue. With a friend. I already ranted about it on my livejournal so im just gonna repost that here, mostly cause its 3AM where i am and im very sleepy[and lazy].

To basiclly explain before i post the lj bit. the person named robin is a homophobic friend of mine, who when i came out to she claimed she was ok with it. Meghan is my girlfriend, and the other two, nat and jess are two of my other friends who were there. So heres the story:

So yeah -_-.

2. otc877

otc877 Guest

How much do you value your friendship with her? It might be best just to let her go if she cannot accept you for who you are.

If she is worth continuing a friendship with, I would suggest that you talked to her 1on1. Ask her questions about what is bothering her regarding your sexuality. Confront her, but don't be too pushy. Try your best to explain to her that it is natural, and nothing to be disgusted by.

But, you cannot expect her to come to terms with it instantly. You've had all your life, and she's had however long you've been out to her to deal with it.

If that makes any sense...

3. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    most of the stuff was covered by otc877. me thinks that you need to talk to her about it. and Happy birthday.

4. boy0boy

First off... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

And for my two cents: I wasn't in the situation and I understand how it may have felt awkward or rude of her to act a bit how she did... there wasn't an actual time she TOLD you that it makes her uncomfortable or she isn't okay with it yet. Try to give her the benifit of the doubt and either ask her about it.. or give her time and see if she actually tells you anything.

Just yeah have the right to be upset but also have the courtesy to cool off and give her a chance to explain.