1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting a girl - excited but nervous

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Maddy, May 4, 2008.

1. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For about the last two months I've been talking to a girl named Alice through then Internet. She's a little younger than I am, lives nearby, and we can talk for hours, we have a lot in common. I like her a lot as a friend, and I have to say, I'm also developing one hell of a crush on her. As well as being really pretty, she's smart and funny and interesting and just overall wonderful.
    We've arranged to meet up next weekend. We're just going to wander around the city together and get to know each other. (My mother is coming with me to meet her and make sure she's not an axe murderer, and then going home, so don't worry, I'm being careful.) I'm so excited that whenever I think about it, I find myself grinning. Alice is being so sweet through her messages, and one thing she said was, "I can't BELIEVE how excited I am. I'm shivering, I'm so excited!"
    I can't wait, but I'm also kind of nervous. Anyone get any advice on keeping my cool, and meeting someone in person for the first time?

2. Helen

Helen Guest

Wow, congrats! ^_^ Don't worry about nerves, trust me, they'll go away the minute you see her (though they may get a lot worse just before you do, so be wary of that), but I'm sure you'll have a great time!

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gratz on the caution! :grin: I won't give the 'dangerous' lecture.

The only advice I can give is be yourself. There's no specific way of acting or being just because it's your first time meeting her. She'll like you best for *you* and in the unlikely event that she doesn't, well that's her problem not yours.

Good luck, I hope you have fun!! :slight_smile:

4. Peridot

Have fun. Just be yourself and keep cool with everything.

Good luck!