1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm coming out to 2 friends RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BiBi, Jul 13, 2013.

1. BiBi

BiBi Guest

I never thought I'd do this right now but I was just so tempted. I didn't think it would be this nerve-racking but I'm ready, and I know it! I'm coming out by text, it was the only choice, I didn't want to though. I'm waiting for their reply. :bang:

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2013 at 09:50 PM ----------

One of them just texted back saying "OK. I'm really shocked." Now I'm the ones asking questions like, "Sarcasm? Truth? Have you known?". Lul.

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2013 at 09:52 PM ----------

And this is the one I expected to be least expecting than the other, as it's a boy, and the other is a girl, who I like a tad bit.

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is one of the reasons I don't like coming out through some type of medium that's not in person. I'm glad you got a positive response from both people!

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out. When you texted them, a part of you knew that it would be alright to let them know - there is a part of you that must trust your friends for you to be able to share it with them.

Yes, coming out can be nerve-racking but as you continue to come out and become more comfortable with yourself and with letting others know, coming out will begin to feel a lot less of a big deal.

Hope their responses will be supportive. Let is know how it goes.

4. BiBi

BiBi Guest

I haven't heard from the girl. I wanted to come out in person, but I needed to get this off my chest. I wanted to be myself around at least someone, but I had no way of contacting them in person. I had the chance to tell the girl in person, but that was days ago.

5. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it matters how you came out. You needed to say something, and you chose to text it. That's okay.

While you are waiting to hear back from her, distract yourself. Make it a bit easier on yourself.

How do you feel about your first response?

6. BiBi

BiBi Guest

7. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Give him some time, and see what his behaviour is going to be around you. If he said that he doesn't care, and given his initial response, I think things are going to be fine.

You being out to him, you are giving him a chance to realize that your sexual orientation doesn't change you, and might over time, come to support and accept it all. (*hug*)

8. BiBi

BiBi Guest

Thanks, you don't understand how much that means to me. I can't wait 'till school starts back so we can both ease into it. School starts August 8th, so I got about 4 weeks.

9. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations (!) My school starts Monday, and I plan to come out very soon!!!

10. BiBi

BiBi Guest

The girl responded, she seemed kind of shocked. She said "Mason what!?". I guess I'll have to give her some time.

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2013 at 11:41 PM ----------

She seems confused a bit, but not mad.

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2013 at 11:42 PM ----------

Well, I think I'm gunna retire for the night. Cya all tomorrow.

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2013 at 11:43 PM ----------

It's gunna be a good night's rest. :wink:

11. LD579

Congratulations on having come out =) It takes courage to do so, as I'm sure you know. I hope you have a nice day tomorrow.

12. jus1kis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would be petrified of doing it through text. What if someone you didn't trust was holding that persons phone and decided to do who knows what with that info!
    Or if the friend didnt prove to be as trustworthy as you thought and he told people, you'd have no chance of denial because of the text-proof.
    That was brave to do it through text. I could never.