1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to parents (help me)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayTornado, Jul 13, 2013.

1. GayTornado

Hey I need some help coming out to my parents. I am currently out to two people and I would like to come out to my parents as well but I am unsure on how to do so. I know for sure I don't want to do it face-to-face but I can't think of any other way to do it.

I am 13 and 99.999999999999% sure I am gay and I fear that I might be ridiculed for being myself and being the subject of Homophobia. My parents really don't say anything about LGBT but when my mom walked into the room while having a conversation with a friend I had just come out to on skype she asked me:
    X is me, Y is my friend.

Y: Does your sister know you're gay?
    X: No.
    Y: Does your Mom know you're gay?
    Y: Does your Dad know you're gay?

Little did I know my mom could hear the conversation and she asked me what that was all about. I had to lie and say that it was a joke. I really did not want to lie but I couldn't do anything.

Does anyone have any help for me and any ideas on coming out (not face-to-face)?

2. Lunarchy

Well, depending on your parents, you might want to ease your way into it a little, wade into the water so to speak, or you might want to jump right in and tell them, diving into the water head first. I don't know your parents, so I don't know how they will react, but in any case, the hardest part is getting the words out, after that whatever will happen will happen. It will be scary yes, but if you feel your ready to tell them, then tell them.

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The time that you come out to your parents is a time you set for yourself. So don't feel ashamed if you don't feel ready yet. If your parents don't say anything about the LGBT+ community, how do you know that you will be ridiculed let alone become the subject of Homophobia? If you truly don't want to do face-to-face communication, I suggest emailing your mother the truth and just put down all your thoughts.