1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal to feel like this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BiBi, Jul 14, 2013.

1. BiBi

BiBi Guest

I just came out to 2 friends (via text message, I didn't want to though, if that's the reason I feel like this), and now I feel like I have made an awful, horrible mistake. Is this normal to feel this way after coming out for the first time?

Whenever I did it, I felt good, but now I feel like I've ruined everything, and I'm so young. :eusa_doh: :bang:

---------- Post added 14th Jul 2013 at 11:07 AM ----------

I also feel mad, but at myself.

2. BiBi

BiBi Guest

No one wants to help me? Or is most of the people not from my time zone?

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes responses can take a while, especially in the mornings.

You seem to indicate that you didn't want to come out to your friends. It's quite possible that you weren't ready to come out. Coming out when one isn't ready can be an extremely stressful thing.

4. BiBi

BiBi Guest

I thought I was ready, maybe I didn't know what it was going to feel like until I actually did it.

---------- Post added 14th Jul 2013 at 12:26 PM ----------

The texts were last night though.

5. Paper Crane

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*) I'm not really sure what to say, I'm so far into the closet, I'm in Narnia. Hanging with Aslan... Woo. But you have my hugs, hopefully it will all turn out for the better. :slight_smile:

6. Zach

I felt the same way after I came out to my sister. The next day I was wishing I'd never came out to her. It took me a few days, but I did get over it. (she was the first person I came out to)

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

I suspect the text aspect makes it harder on you.

Face to face you get feedback that makes it easier.

The ice is broke, go find your friends and talk face to face.

8. ptacub

ptacub Guest

It's the fact that you weren't ready to come out. Only come out if you feel 100% comfortable doing so. But you can't undo what you have done, so best let it sink in for a few days and then talk to your friends about it. If they are supportive then no harm was done.

9. BiBi

BiBi Guest

I think what skiff said is correct. I was and am 100% ready to come out when needed.

And there is no way for me to contact them in person until school starts back, which is August 8th for me, I'm in the northern hemisphere.

10. Lunarchy

It might not be that you weren't ready to come out, so much as, the time between when you send the text, and how long it takes them to reply can be devistating. You can make up several different scenarios in your head, and your mind can wonder to the worse possible situations. The best thing to do is calm yourself, and realize, for better or for worse, it was probably for the best ^)^

11. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes you can look at situations like this as way to see who your real friends are. I know it a stressful thing and very difficult especially if your not ready.

All you can do now it is done is speak with them at some point and see how they feel might be surprised they may not even think anything of it and support you. I think if your not ready it always going to feel like this after something is done because you was not even ready to do it.

12. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone makes mistakes, you just have to learn from them. You should wait a while before you come out. You will know when you're truly ready.