1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird reaction from "straight" friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HopeFloats, Jul 14, 2013.

1. HopeFloats

I have a friend who is married to a guy. They have a toddler and she's expecting baby #2. I came out to her as well as 4 other straight, married women friends on Friday evening. This friend immediately told me that she had had a girlfriend and been a "lesbian slut" on the bar scene back in the day. I mentioned that I had never told my exhusband about my true sexuality or prior girlfriends. Then she said that her husband doesn't know about the extent of her lesbian experiences. At the concert Friday and then today at church she was more affectionate than before. I am getting a weird vibe. I'm not attracted to her at all - even if she were gay and single, she's not my type. And shes married! At the concert I tried to move around and sit next to others when she got too close. Any advice? Has anyone else received a similar reaction after coming out?

2. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I personally would after finding out if she really hitting on you, assure her you still want to be friends but thats all it will be. She should understand if shes a friend but I will say first make sure you know thats shes even hitting on you in the first place or is she just doing it out of friendship or to be friendly.

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In all likelihood she is a hetero married lesbian looking for an outlet (use you).

Listen to your warning bells.

Just my opinion.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I would be wary but maybe give her the benefit of the doubt over the first meeting after coming out, if she continues then sometime when it is just the 2 of you, speak to her and tell her that you value her friendship but that you are not interested in anything more than that.