1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pissed/annoyed/frustrated

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by smartguy, May 4, 2008.

1. smartguy

so i had a conversation with my friend (the only friend i am out to) and to make a long story short, she brought up that no one is forcing me to like men. wtf i wanted to punch her in the face. i guess i accept my gayness and i have been ok with it but i definitely didnt choose it and im at a point that if i had a choice, it wouldnt be this. i asked her when she chose to be straight and she made a stupid joke out of it. maybe im letting this get to me too much. she laughed the whole thing off.

argh

worse yet, this is making me doubt myself. ive doubted myself before so i know not to listen to myself. i dont get it though. how can you think someone made this choice? if anyone would get it i thought it would be her as she has a gay brother who she is oddly open with (they lust over the same guys).

EDIT:

i guess i should be fair and say that she isnt trying to make me straight or anything, she's completely fine with it

#1 smartguy, May 4, 2008
    Last edited: May 4, 2008
  2. boy0boy

Just a random thought.. but I've found, those who are most "upset" (friendwise) with your being gay are usually people who like you and want "hope" that you aren't for themselves.

Happened to me.

So any POSSIBILITY that she likes you? It's basically like "well it's okay for my brother because I'm not hoping to get with him, but I will make subconcious negative comments to YOU because I want you to be straight because I like you"

#2 boy0boy, May 4, 2008
    Last edited: May 4, 2008
  3. smartguy

lolol no no
    im pretty sure she doesn't like me

4. boy0boy

Haha I would have said the same thing... yet I found myself in a situation like that.

Just keep an open mind, by the sounds of it - generally she isn't homophobic BUT with you she tended to be objectionable?.. seems fishy

5. smartguy

i wouldnt say she was upset about anything. she kind of brought it up like nothing

6. otc877

otc877 Guest

I laughed :slight_smile:

Anyways, I think you responded correctly with asking her when she chose to be straight. Try explaining to her that it is not a choice, nobody is forcing you to like men. I like to use rhetorical questions, "Why would I chose to be gay if the majority of society has a problem with it?" "Why would I want to make my life complicated?" and the like.

As for you doubting yourself. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that you're gay or at least bi. You've come out to somebody, you post on a gay forum. I think it's just some desperate last attempts to cling to a normal life. So you doubt yourself. We've all been there before, but it's best to clear up your confusion amongst yourself before you come out to anybody else.

When you come out you have to be certain so that you can completely shrug off the whole phase argument.

Hope this helps//answers your question

7. smartguy

well im sure that im gay (more like 90% gay, 10% thinks girls are pretty lol). either way i want to end up with a guy, although i wont say ill never end up with a girl because i dont think you can predict life easily.

im getting over it now, she just really annoyed me