1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rahata, May 4, 2008.

1. Rahata

Hey All,
    Ok if you've been following my threads then you know the situation. Recap: have a crush he's living with me known him for 11 years just came out to him and he discovered i liked him. So thats that...

Anyways, this has been causing me a lot of grief knowing I can't have him. I see him with his current best friend. He told me he didn't want to talk to me like we use to cause it makes him feel uncomfortable, which really hurt me, but i can understand. He's still trying to be my friend but this has caused a lot of tension between us. We can't talk openly to each other and everytime i try to talk to him openly he just ignores me or tells me to talk to someone else about it. Its causing me to feel really lonely. I'm feel like crying most of the time, or I just get really angry about it all(i broke my phone) people say i need to see a psych, but I just want someone to talk to. So is it normal to feel these feelings?

2. Rahata

err...

his current best friend makes me jealous and she's over here a lot but i don't feel jealous towards her just him. I love talking with her.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I just want someone to talk to...I love talking with her.

Good news, you solved your own problem. :slight_smile:

Is it normal? Sure. But what good is knowing that? It doesn't make the feelings go away. What to do? Two things - minimize contact with hiim, and stay busy. Look into other living arrangements if at all possible. If he asks why, say you're working on "getting beyond those feelings" so you can still be friends. He should understand. And keep busy. Get out there, do things, interact with people as much as possible, meet new folks.

Lex

4. Jim1454

Lex offers good advice. You don't necessarily need to see a psychiatrist... you can speak to a counsellor or therapist. They aren't necessarily trained in medicine but will have suggestions for you in terms of how to communicate effectively with your friend, and what else you can be doing to move your life forward.

Good luck.