Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Coming Out Advice

Coming Out Advice A supportive place to ask for and give advice about coming out. Includes a sub-forum for posting stories about your coming out experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th May 2008, 07:35 PM   #1
Well Known

Orientation: Still trying to find out... Bi or gay which..
Out Status: Mom, siblings and a few close friends

Default Is it normal?

Hey All,
Ok if you've been following my threads then you know the situation. Recap: have a crush he's living with me known him for 11 years just came out to him and he discovered i liked him. So thats that...

Anyways, this has been causing me a lot of grief knowing I can't have him. I see him with his current best friend. He told me he didn't want to talk to me like we use to cause it makes him feel uncomfortable, which really hurt me, but i can understand. He's still trying to be my friend but this has caused a lot of tension between us. We can't talk openly to each other and everytime i try to talk to him openly he just ignores me or tells me to talk to someone else about it. Its causing me to feel really lonely. I'm feel like crying most of the time, or I just get really angry about it all(i broke my phone) people say i need to see a psych, but I just want someone to talk to. So is it normal to feel these feelings?
Old 4th May 2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Well Known
Threadstarter

Orientation: Still trying to find out... Bi or gay which..
Out Status: Mom, siblings and a few close friends

Default Re: Is it normal?

err...

his current best friend makes me jealous and she's over here a lot but i don't feel jealous towards her just him. I love talking with her.
Old 4th May 2008, 08:32 PM   #3
The gay gargoyle
EC Advisor

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Out to everyone

>>>I just want someone to talk to...I love talking with her.

Good news, you solved your own problem.

Is it normal? Sure. But what good is knowing that? It doesn't make the feelings go away. What to do? Two things - minimize contact with hiim, and stay busy. Look into other living arrangements if at all possible. If he asks why, say you're working on "getting beyond those feelings" so you can still be friends. He should understand. And keep busy. Get out there, do things, interact with people as much as possible, meet new folks.

Lex
Lexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 12:54 PM   #4
EC 'Dad'

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Out to everyone

Lex offers good advice. You don't necessarily need to see a psychiatrist... you can speak to a counsellor or therapist. They aren't necessarily trained in medicine but will have suggestions for you in terms of how to communicate effectively with your friend, and what else you can be doing to move your life forward.

Good luck.