1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More literature?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rocking23, May 4, 2008.

1. rocking23

I've already read the coming out literature that the site has.. and i found the forums greatly useful, but ive only just touched the surface.

Are there any other sites any of you recommend?

2. Louise

I found a lot of very interesting books on Amazon, I know it is not an internet site like you are looking for but they have a very comprehensive section about homosexuality. If the books are too expensive for you could also go to your local library once you have found the title of the books that you think might interest you.

Becky is very busy at the moment but she might be able to help you find some literature or take a look at the Pflag site where there are some very helpful pamphlets that you can download.

Happy hunting :thumbsup:

3. OneHatMadder

1 in 10 is a good book. So is 2 in 20. Rainbow Boys is a good fictional series. Also there's "Invisible Families" which is a New Zealand resource for parents with gay kids. It's great to get a different perspective. :slight_smile: Amazon, eBay and sites like that would come in handy.

4. ampthejazz

Aw, I thought you meant literature as in... like, classics, good books. If that were the case, I would highly recommend "Giovanni's Room" by James Baldwin. Excellent novel about a gay guy coming to terms with his sexuality. Beautifully written.

Other than that, can't help you.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there,

I found some literature that might be of some interest. I tried to tailor it a bit towards your info on your avatar.

PFLAG Canada has some useful info: http://www.pflagcanada.ca/en/index-e.asp

The AVERT site (based in the UK) might also be useful: http://www.avert.org/homosexu.htm

Betty Fairchild & Robert Leighton. Now That You Know. New York, NY. Harcourt Brace and Jovanovich, 1989.

Mary Gray. In Your Face: Stories from the Lives of Queer Youth

Ellen Bass and Kate Kaufman. Free Your Mind

I hope these references will be of some use. Also, as others have mentioned, your local library will also have some information.