1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

don't know what to say, please help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justdk, Jul 17, 2013.

1. justdk

I don't know what to say to people I am when i'm coming out..
    I feel like my attraction is like: 90% women 10% men or even 95% women 5% men.. maybe like 5 kinsey scale? 5.5 kinsey scale? xD (stupid i know)
    I don't feel like i'm bi and i don't feel like completly lesbian.
    I know that if i'll come out as bisexual, people will think that i'll be glad to be with both men and women, and it's not true!
    I feel like I want to be only with girls! girls are awesome and men okay i guess..
    I don't want to date with men or something like that, only women for me.
    And if i'll come out as lesbian, it's not completly true either. what if i'll find myself fall inlove or attracted to man? what if i will find that 5% ? it's hard for me to believe it'll happen but who knows? its not black and white.
    Yea i know you might say "you don't have to label youself" but yes i do! that's how it work in out society. I want to explain people what I am but i don't know how to label myself without complicate things

2. Matty1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel the same as you being probably about 80% gay 20% straight, but I came out to my parents this morning but just said I was completely gay because like you I felt like I had to label myself as something. I did it because although I am attracted to women on the odd occasion I could never actually see myself dating one so I just thought it would be easier to say I'm 100% gay to them so they didn't get too confused.
    Ultimately it's up to you whether you come out as a lesbian or bi it's just whatever will be easiest for you. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rather than say "Lesbian" or "Bisexual" just tell people that you are predominately attracted to women. That leaves it open but also doesn't have people thinking that your completely 100% into women.