1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if they don't believe me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DiamondLucy, Jul 17, 2013.

1. DiamondLucy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm planning on coming out to a friend later today, and I'm terrified. She's always been in favor of gay marriage and all that jazz (she has a number of guy friends that are gay), but she's also complained about people "coming out for attention" or making it up... What do I do if she doesn't believe me? None of the other three people I've come out to expected it...

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This happened to me, people thought I was joking. When see you checking out girls or talking about some awsome girlfriend you have they'll get it through their head

3. Lunarchy

Well, then maybe the best way of coming out is to admit you have a crush on a specific... girl. That way it seems like you are confessing something then bringing it to her attention ^)^ Of course, that will only work if you have somebody you are interested in, otherwise, all you can do is do your best, if your truly serious, then she should have no reason to disbelieve you!

4. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All I can say is cross that bridge when you come to it. Hope for the best and don't dwell on negative thoughts (I know, easier said than done). All the best!! If she can see it in your eyes that you're dead serious...she will absolutely believe it.