1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In my 30's and anxious

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bicoastal, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Bicoastal

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm posting here to hope to find support so thank you. My story is fairly simple, I have hid much of who I am from most everyone around me for a long time.

I know for certain that I'm attracted to men, however my sexuality seems to be fluid and I can be attracted to women too. Now I am into my mid-30's and want to stop hiding.

I recently broke up with a beautiful woman whom I had been in a relationship for 2 months with, she was younger and I felt I couldn't explore who I was and I needed to be. And I wanted her to be in a relationship with someone healthier. She is so hard to let go of.

She knows that I'm bi-sexual, but does not know that this was the main reason for the break up. I have never experimented with men before but I feel I will never really know who I am if I do not.

We are still friends and talking, my parents and a few friends are aware of my situation and supportive. But it's difficult taking a leap of faith at my age. I have anxiety over wondering who I 'm going to spend the rest of my life with..a man or a woman? Maybe I will continue to evolve on the Kinsey scale and head more towards gay territory. I'm in a place of not knowing. I'm glad society has evolved and become more accepting and I'm thankful younger people will come out sooner to loved ones.

I don't like not knowing, but I also don't like labels.

The relationship started great but eventually I felt like I was wasting her time, so I feel better after ending the relationship hopefully with no one getting hurt. I'm still there for her, I hope I haven't hurt her, do I owe her any more info until I find out exactly who I am? It causes me endless anxiety. Perhaps I am overly self absorbed right now so thank you anyone who posts.

Thanks and much gratitude for this forum :icon_wink

#1 Bicoastal, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  2. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    You have just come out of a relationship and things might be very confusing for you. I suggest you take a step back and do some reflection on your life.

3. Bicoastal

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you, I appreciate it, you are prob right. My anxiety tends to get the best of me, and then I'm taking xanax to slow down and not have so much fear about being bi-sexual, or gay etc. But it is hard not to know your life direction.

4. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

The kensey scale is not that important. Now that you are single, give yourself some time to cool it off. It is really hard not to know where you stand exactly but don't push it, the answer will present itself to you. Just be youself and life will give you opportunities to figure things out.