1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really fucked up my exam, now i feel crappy!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by darkestknight, May 5, 2008.

1. darkestknight

Hi there,

As suspected, I fucked up my numerical methods exam BIG time, I got an F with a very poor coursework marks.

I want to lodge a complaint here to the dean. I can't take it anymore. I wish it was all my fault, but I had tried my best. What else he could have ruined it everything??

I tried every of my single best. Still the bomb dropped in front of me.

I am so bummed. Fortunately I have the supplemetary papers, but I'm still not certain that I could pass this piece of flaming shit.

Please, pray for me, so that I could pass this paper for another round. I don't want a resit!

And i feel like throttling that lecturer! :tears: :tantrum:

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Firstly (*hug*)

Can you retake the exam or any part of it? If so then you should look into that.

I don't know anything about how you would lodge a complaint but I'm sure someone can help with that. More important though is if you can get another chance at it somehow.

3. darkestknight

Thanks! :grin:

Well, yes, but beforehand, I have to take the supplementary paper. If I pass that one, I don't have to resit anyway.

But if NOT, that'll be another one of my inconvenient truth there, rescheduling the timetables for my next sem for resitting the paper isn't easy. And I really afraid it'll affect my other studies as well.

Yes - maybe I could contact the dean. Not sure how it could work.

On the other hand, I passed my Dynamics paper happily! Makes that one even. :grin:

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Congrats on the Dynamics paper! That shows you can do it! :slight_smile:

My suggestion: Take the supplementary paper first, and spend as much time as you can studying and revising for it to give yourself the best possible chance. Can you get copies of previous year's papers to try? If you pass that and don't have to resit, then it's probably best to just move on and forget about complaining.

If it still goes wrong then go and speak to the dean but perhaps try not to word it too much as a complaint, rather word it that you were disappointed with the teacher, not up to the usual high standards the college is known for etc. That could get a better response than making it a big complaint. If you will be doing your next year at the same place you don't want to upset people too much!

Another thing to consider before complaining is whether other students in the same class also did badly. If they did then it enforces your complaint, but if not then it could just look to the dean like you didn't work hard enough.

5. darkestknight

Yeah, I need to ask the lecturer first for the outline. That's the first step! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the past year papers are different - I can do ALL of the past year papers, even can get myself a full score, but NOT this one. This semester, he changed the rules already. Too bad.

And also, many students are complainin' - at once the 2nd test there was people jeering at the lecturer. :roflmao:

I love my pass on the Dynamics paper! (i got a D in Statics, but that's an old story!)

Best of all, that Dynamics lecturer is cute. I might buy him a drink someday i met him.lolz :slight_smile:

6. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, Paul has it covered well. Concentrate on your supplementary paper before taking further action. If it comes down to it that you need to make a complaint then you need to know exactly what to say. The approach you take to complaining will be important, and if you plan what you're going to say then the chances are you'll get it dealt with best. Don't rely on improvisation. :grin:

Do not worry about re-sits. They're not great, but they're there because we are human. We all make mistakes in things and rather than stressing about them it would be best to think of how you're going to pass it. The main reason for resits is so that we learn from our past mistakes, and you need to try and find ways to do that. Yes you may not have a good teacher, but i never for maths but i went out my way to pass. You need to find ways to do the same. There is help available everywhere. You just need to go looking for it. :slight_smile:

7. darkestknight

Thanks!

Unfortunately, (again), I have another problem there - the lecturer refuses to even tell me any of the outline of the supplementary paper. He said it is similar to that of the test. Oh, how interesting could it be.

Now I have a 100% chance of failing and resitting the paper which is the inconvenient truth. Let's hope that it's not going to happen!