1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to Wife and Family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by notsoalmostfree, Jul 17, 2013.

1. notsoalmostfree

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am 32 years old. I am married and have a 5 year old and another on the way due next month. While bad timing, i had seeked professional help and decided it was time to tell her. I took her somewhere private and told her everything. I told her that I have had these feeling fro 4 years and I feel so unhappy with myself and i can't live with it anymore. While i feel better that she knows the truth, i feel like a complete monster for crushing her. She is devastated and we are going through a rollercoaster of emotions right now. I know the marriage is over. But i feel it was the right thing to do, i just wish this would get easier and she would hurt less. I have told my sister and my mother and while very hard to do, they are accepting and not judging me that I am aware of yet (its only been a week).
    I know this is short, I just wanted to get something up here and start looking for some support.

2. Welcome!

I think you'll find a lot of support here, I am new myself but so far so good.

You did a great thing in coming out to yourself. I think that is the most important step.
    I'm not married and have never been in that predicament but I as well had my own coming out experience.

I think even though the marriage will be over, you can remain friends and help each other. Your children must be your first priority and they will understand and love you unconditionally.

3. GenericUsername

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    notsoalmostfree

I can't even imagine how difficult telling her must have been and I truly admire the courage it took to do so. I can only imagine that once the 'roller-coaster of emotions' comes to an end, things can only improve for everyone involved. You will be more happier in your own skin and she will come to understand or at least be able to move on with her own life. You mustn't blame yourself for the hurt she feels and you are certainly no "monster" for being true to both her and yourself.

I wish you all the best during this process. Congratulations, and welcome to the site.

4. drs

drs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations! I'm not there yet. I haven't worked up the courage to come out to my wife...