1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dad pissing me off...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JSG, May 5, 2008.

1. JSG

JSG Guest

Ok, I'm so angry right now !!
    I haven't always been on the best of terms with my father, nothing really bad but we always used to get into fights for nothing at all (ex: we have 2 wireless routers in his office (at home), he only needs 1, no wifi signal in my old room so I asked for 1 he said no, for no particular reason).
    This time is different, he needs a spare room so he gave my little brothers room and my brother takes my old room because now I live in my apartment, so instead of calling me asking me to come over and clean out what I need and what I want to throw away, he goes into my old room and throws away EVERYTHING !!! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:
    All my private, personal stuff, things that I collected over the years, loads of precious stuff, presents from friends I'll never see again, souvenirs from all the country's I visited, coins I collected, phones, everything is gone !! :angry: :angry: :angry:
    I only took what I really needed for my apartment thinking I'd leave stuff at his place and take them later, when I need them or when he needs the room.
    I'm not exactly sure of what's missing and what isn't but knowing him, all is gone, he doesn't care, he's done it before...
    He has a daughter he never sees because he was such a crappy dad to her and he regrets it a lot now that I'm seeing her and she's really successful.
    He started complaining to my mother about our relationship, how we're getting more and more distant and he doesn't want it to end up like it is right now with my sister, but by throwing away all of my possessions, how the hell does he expect me to want to be closer with him???

What have I done?? Did I even deserve to have all of my stuff thrown away? He's always asking favors and stuff and trying to be nice with me because I'm much much closer to my mother, but that's it, he can forget me, I don't want to have anything more to do with him.
    The reason he needs a spare room is so :***: ridiculous too !! I won't talk about it now because my mother is on this forum and she may not want people knowing such personal information about our family, I dunno.

It takes a lot for me to get angry and he is one of the few people that can literally put me in a state of rage. :angry: :angry: :angry:

/rant
    :evil:

2. davo-man

That's f*cking annoying. I'm a big collector of memorbilia from places I've been and having it all just thrown away without a second thought (or that's how it sounds) would just piss me off as well. Is it actually gone, or is it just in garbage bags waiting to go? Perhaps some of the stuff is salvageable, I hope it is.

I have a terrible relationship with my dad, so don't feel alone in that respect. I dunno, I just feel that I have no desire to have a relatioship with him because he is just not like any person I would be interested in getting to know. Eurgh, family dynamics can be a bitch sometimes. I would say just try and get the stuff back if you can, and just act civilly to him if you see him soon, although you should bring up how pissed off you were that he threw your stuff out.

3. JSG

JSG Guest

Hmmm I dunno, I've been pretty angry because of him before and I just can't control it, I won't be nice when I see him.
    I can't know for sure what is missing and what is not, I've been away for weeks and he lives miles away. Last time he did it was while I was away right before the dustmen took the trash.
    I hope my sister was kind enough to save what I really liked...

4. lovelessdominic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sorry for you if you have any emotions for him. He sounds like a cruel, senseless man.

5. ovomac

ovomac Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, dude. I have a stepdad who pisses me off so much, you wont believe it...
    He micromanages everything.

6. ovomac

ovomac Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm, sounds like a bit of a privacy issue. I apologize, my friend.
    If it were me, I'd take everything the second I sign the lease.

:grin:

7. Vampyrecat

Hey JSG.

I think you need to talk to him. Tell him exactly how you feel and WHY you feel the way you do. From how you've described him, he's probably going to try and talk over you or make you feel bad, right? So DON'T let him.
    Stay calm, but if he tries to shut you up, then say to him.
    "No dad, I have a right to say how I feel, please listen to me. I've listened to you etc etc but now it's my turn"
    please please please stay. calm.

You have every right to be angry, I know I'd be furious, but try to put forward your arguments in a clear and concise manner so you don't appear rude, cos he'll probably get all defensive and angry.

(*hug*) hope you can take at least some of this and it helps you.

8. total mo

total mo Guest

You already know what kind of a father is your dad, so you shouldve known that he will throw away all of your precious stuff. Maybe you shoud have packed up everything and moved it with you before he can threw them for his pleasure. You dont have to wait for him to throw them away and get mad at him. Maybe you wanna prove further what a father he is, but not at the expense of your precious memorbilia.

9. That sucks!! I feel bad for you :frowning2:
    I am very personal about my stuff too and would kill my parents if they pulled a stunt like that.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, Talk to him. Give yourself a couple hours or a day to calm down a bit, and then talk to him. "You know, a lot of that stuff meant a lot to me. Had you called, I would've come over and gotten it." Just see what he says to that.

Lex

11. Leigh

Leigh Guest

wow you have my sympathy. i think you need to talk to him. explain you point of view

12. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *hugs tightly*

While my mother tends to throw things away just because, she has never done something like that... and if she did I'd literally kick her.

13. EthanS

EthanS Guest

:eek: Whatt!?? cant believe he did that unless he hates you that much

14. Sam

Sam

I'm sorry. I can't believe he just threw everything away. He should have called you and told you to come get your stuff. If I were you and I thought he might throw your stuff away eventually I would have packed all of it and took it with me. I still have a lot of stuff at my parents house and they have never thrown anything away without at least asking me if I wanted it.

15. Hepcat

Oh that's so awful. :frowning2:

I'm sorry to hear this.
    (*hug*)

I'm a bit worried about my parents doing the same thing when I'm away which is why I'm going to pack all my stuff into boxes before I go.