1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my grandma (I better not chicken out)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Thegreatperhaps, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Thegreatperhaps

I'm visiting my grandma for a little over two weeks and I already decided before I left that I'd tell her. She's been a mother to me for years and I value our close bond more than anything. I think my grandma can tell that something is off because I've been a bit distant lately and I'm never this way when I see her since it's such a rarity and treasure. She and my aunt have been questioning about a boyfriend and today at dinner it was nonstop. I could have lied better or not allowed it to be so obvious in my responses that I am seeing someone, but I'm not sure if I want my aunt to know just yet that I'm dating a girl, let alone gay. However, its to the point where I'm tired of hiding from family, and I want my grandma to know at least.
    She'll be the very first adult I've ever come out to, and although I know from past experiences that she's supportive of the LGBT community, I can't help but feel nervous that things will change. I hate these second-guesses and doubts.

Asdfghjkl just a few more hours left, here we goooo. :icon_redf

2. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wish you luck, since she's lgbt friendly, I say she'll accept you. And everything will still be the same

3. Wolf runner

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I wish you luck! Hope she takes it well! Sexuality shouldn't be that big of a deal to anyone's family, it really shouldn't. The way I like to see it is like this. They've known you for countless years before you even started questioning your orientation, so what's so different now? Wish you the best and tell us how it went! :slight_smile:

4. wittyusername

Good luck! Hope it goes well! :slight_smile:

5. LD579

Don't be so harsh on yourself. If you 'chicken out', other times will present themselves.

With that said, good luck =) I wish you the best.