1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out and Trusting Reactions?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BooksJeansTea, Jul 18, 2013.

1. BooksJeansTea

Right... well I am beginning to accept that I am gay (the degree of this is yet to be determined) (or am I supposed to say lesbian? gay is much easier to type) and that's great but I really need to get this show on the road because I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to waste my life living in fear. I have one very close friend that is supposed to be coming over tomorrow night when I get off work and I want to tell her because she is the only person that seems vaguely trustworthy enough to tell at this point but I don't know where she stands on these kinds of things. She is very open minded and all (and actually.. I kind of wonder if she is in the closet too. Okay so 60% sure she is but 40% is a big risk) My concern is that her friendship means a lot to me and I don't want to risk that so how do you take that kind of risk and trust that things won't blow up?

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2013 at 04:08 PM ----------

I know that you've all probably heard this too many times and I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here.

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

A true friend would accept you no matter what your sexual orientation is.

3. LD579

Maybe breach the subject first? From there, you can make a better call on how you should approach things and if you should tell her or not.

4. BooksJeansTea

yea, testing the waters would probably be wise. Anyone got some suggestions for topic starters?

5. LD579

The US and gay marriage, Britain and gay marriage... Easy :wink: