1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my brothers

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FightingShadows, Jul 18, 2013.

1. FightingShadows

So, first off, my family isn't exactly "family-oriented". I see my brothers every once in awhile but we're not particularly close. We almost never talk except for the occasional visit or text of 'How are you?'. I've debated even saying anything to them, but I figure maybe I should so that when I finally start Testosterone and all these changes happen, they're not left in the dark, wondering what happened to me. The thing is, I have no idea what to even say. It was easy to tell my parents because I still live with them. I see and talk to them everyday, whereas my brothers, not at all. I know it's a kind of tough situation, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I should say to them, or how to even start this kind of conversation...:icon_conf

P.S: In case anyone suggests that I just get them in a room together and tell them that way, one brother always travels, and the other lives far away and flies home only about once a year.

2. BooksJeansTea

Could you maybe type up a letter and send a copy to each? I could see how the traveling brother could be difficult.
    I'm in no position to be offering a lot of advice so I just wanted to offer some support and wish you the best.(*hug*)

3. FightingShadows