1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just want to get it over with

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Spirit, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Spirit

I've been considering just changing my 'interested in' on facebook to get it over with. My mom has been pushing me to tell my dad, but she's backed off and I still feel guilty about it. I would tell him first.

I think this stems from the fact that I've been feeling a bit alone, I've been wanting a girlfriend really badly lately.

2. Changing your interested on in facebook won't change how you feel if you still feel insecure in coming out. Make sure that you are ready. From what you've said, your mom seems to be very supportive and you should be glad :slight_smile:. Maybe you should start by telling your dad first and take it from there.

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Changing my Interested In has done nothing for me, I still feel scared as ever about coming out to people outside of family. Coming out is a process. If you come out to soon, you may feel regret or other feelings. Telling people is up to you, tell him how you want to and when you want to and how you want that. If you need reassurance, talk to your mom and ask her to gauge how she thinks he will react. Taking this course of action would probably be good as your mom knows your dad the best.