1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to an opposite-sex date?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lioness, Jul 19, 2013.

1. lioness

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lately I've been working on transitioning my out status from bi to lesbian. And I met this guy who really likes me. Last week he asked me out. I got all flustered and said yes, even though I don't like him. (I really need to learn how to say no...) How am I supposed to tell him that I'm a lesbian without seeming like a total bi*ch? :tears:

2. LD579

A) Give him that one date, because you already said yes. After that, tell him you're unfortunately not interested in going further. You could tell him you're a lesbian if you like, but it's not necessary.

B) If you think you'll tell him you're a lesbian anyways, it may be best to just not lead him on at all and let him know that and not go on the date.

C) Alternatively, you could tell him sometime before the date and ask if he'd still be interested in hanging out, but just as friends. Pick which option you like best, but don't let this lead on for too long, you know?

For future reference, next time it's better to say no or to say something along the lines of "I'll think about it".