1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to come out, probably today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FucSoc, Jul 20, 2013.

1. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

I'm going to come out today to one of my best friends.
    We know each other for 8 years and I hope she'll accept it well.. :\
    I'm scared to come out to her because i have this feeling that she is a little bit homophobic. Although she sometimes support LGBT, I know that it's disgusting her.
    I don't want her to stay away from me or something like that, but it's something that can happen because everytime that i'll touch her or hug her, she will probably think "ugh, maybe she is attracted to me"
    I hope it will go well..

2. Wells

Wells Guest

I dont know if this too late but when you do, perhaps make it clear you don't like her when you do it. Good luck

3. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

There's still time until I meet her, maybe in the end it won't be today.
    And yea I think I will do that like I did it with my another best friend-
    When we talked, I told her that it was hard for me to find out that i'm bisexual homoromantic because I was never attracted to someone that i knew from my real life.
    It will clear to her that i'm not feeling anything to her
    thank you ^^

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :goodluck: & I hope it goes well, part of you must have faith in her to consider telling her, if she is the first person you have told, make sure she knows that & tell her that you are only going to tell people that you can trust, she will be flattered by that & will probably take it as a compliment, assure her that you are still the same person that she knew before you told her & that you see her as a great friend & that is all, just friends :slight_smile:

Keep us updated & remember we are all here to support you (*hug*)

5. BudderMC

Also keep in mind that while you've probably had a long time to process and come to terms with your sexuality, she's probably only hearing this news now, and that can be a lot of information to swallow. So don't be alarmed if she's weirded out or takes it badly at first - it might just be a knee-jerk reaction until she gets a chance to process it a little better.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

6. nostreborem

Good luck, hopefully she handles it alright, I know I cried one time I came out (that was probably cos it was to one of my crushes XD ) so hopefully you two stay close and also i hope she takes it with an open heart and nothing bad happens between you two :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: :goodluck::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

7. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

thanks guys for the support but i'm not going to tell her.
    I planned to tell her today but she stood me up again -_-
    Everytime that I try to meet with her, and prepare myself to tell her, she stood me up :dry:
    I decided i'm not going to tell her anytime soon