1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ekm87, Jul 20, 2013.

1. ekm87

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently came out to my gay friend that I am no and leaned towards girls. He said he respects me for who I am but keeps telling me that he doesn't think I am a lesbian or could date a girl. I thought I'd get more respect and support than I got. And I feel very lonely now. Any advice on how I can talk about to him about it

2. FloatingPiano

Hello. Sorry to hear about your friend not giving you the support you expected.

I think it would help to sit down with you friend and explain to him that what he is saying is upsetting you. He can not decide whether you are a lesbian and who you date. At the end of the day, it matter how YOU feel and what will make you happy.

So yes, just talk it out with him and ask that he supports you a bit more.

3. LEG7930

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I would just up front tell him that you were hurt by his response and wished he had been more supportive. Coming out is hard enough, and when it is to a gay friend especially you would think they would treat you with the respect and reaction that they would want when coming out themselves.