1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waiting...in agony.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by valon, Jul 20, 2013.

1. valon

valon Guest

Okay, so again, keep in mind my family is Southern Baptist, and ultra religious and such. I am a Christian as well, but I have way more modernized views.

So, I came out to my mom about three months ago...I think. And, it was disastrous to say the least. But, as it went on, I was confused and hurt and scared. So I told her that I didn't think gay people choose to be gay, but gay relationships are still sinful. And, then on down the line, it got kind of to the point where she kind of thought I was just being "deceived by the devil". And, she was so hurt and crying and it was just a mess.

See, I don't think it would've been this hard for her if I would have waited. And, it makes me so angry that I told her then while she has me, my brother, school and college and money issues, and my dad who was in the hospital at the time, to worry about. Not to mention she does literally everything from shopping for groceries to getting repairs for the house.

Now, three months later. I have no idea how she feels about it.

And, I kind of get the vibe she wants to talk to me about it. But, I am so scared of what to do. I don't want to lie to her, because that will just confuse her more, later. But, if I tell her the truth, it will hurt her so bad, and I just don't want to see her in such pain.

What should I do? :confused:

Thanks if you took the time to read this.

2. CuriousBunny

I'm not positive if this is the best option for your situation, but I would ask your mom what she thinks about you being gay. If she gets upset, just change the topic to calm her down.

3. Wells

Wells Guest

Im guessing at the time you came out, you werent thinking about everything clearly. But on the positive side, it should sink into your mum sooner than if you told her later. Maybe wait to talk to her until a lot of problems have vanished. If that would be too long, then speak to her now and do what curiousbunny said
    Good luck anyways :slight_smile:

#3 Wells, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013