1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Just Need to do it Already!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Simply Me, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Simply Me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello! I'm 13 years old, I've know for sure I was 100% gay for about a year and a half, but I suppose that I've always know somewhere in the back of my mind. So far I've come it to five people, all of them friends. Two boys and three girls. I told myself that I should stick with give so that I could practice and get ready to tell my family, but only one of the actually have me practice. One I told over text, two of them confronted me about my sexuality and I've just sorta told them I've gay over a few months, one of them I YST dropped hints at until she got it, and only one of them I told face to face. So, now I'm at the point I'm my life where I am proud to be gay and happy with myself except for one thing-I haven't come out to my fiy yet, and it's really eating me up inside. I feel like I'm not being truthful and every time they think I have crushes on girls or talk about me getting married I just want to scream and tell them, but I just can't get the words out. I have an 18 year old sister who I'm extremely close to, and I think that I should come out to her first and then maybe have her help me tell my parents. I don't care who else knows besides them, because I can handle whatever people in my class throw at me. I should also say that my family is very liberal and accepting of gay people, but I'm just so scared :/
    Thanks for any advice and sorry about the life story.

---------- Post added 21st Jul 2013 at 12:28 AM ----------

Oh wow...sorry for all the typos. Please blame the autocorrect and just do your best to figure out what I meant.

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there Dude, first of all Congratulations for coming out to your Friends, only you know your Family & can gague their reaction, your Sister seems like a good bet to me, as you are so close to her & you are her younger Brother, my guess is, that she would be quite protective of you :slight_smile: her support would be a great help in coming out to your Parents!

Good Luck & keep us updated (*hug*)

3. Wells

Wells Guest

I'd definitely tell my sister first if I had one! You're lucky she's there and should help you. You're also lucky that your family is liberal. My mum and her side of the family are, but as for my dads I dunno, they are quite christian. I only live with my mum, no close siblings or cousins etc. But you do and should use that as a stepping stone towards telling your parents. Just a quick something though, when I considered coming out and spoke to EC, I was told 13 was a bit young to come out. I think thats up to your discretion though, you know best :slight_smile:
    Coming from another 13 year old :grin:

4. CuriousBunny

You should talk to your sister first. She may know them better than you and have a good idea about how they'll react.

5. Simply Me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you all so much for the advice :slight_smile:. You seem to be in consensus about me talking to my sister about it first. I agree, I think that it would be a great idea to start out by telling her and then with her support I could start coming out to my parents. Thanks again!