1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared that I'll come out while tipsy..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Holly, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Holly

So, I have my birthday party coming up, and I'm inviting 22 of my friends. These range from people who I'm super close to, and some who I am friends with, but not close. We just get on well.

So, I'm talkative if I've consumed any alcohol. I have a rather bad stutter, and the alcohol clearly loosens me up a bit so I'm fluent. This means I'll yammer on about things because I can actually say it. So, having my 'secret' of being so very gay, I'm slightly scared I'm just going to shout it out if I get into a conversation with a friend who knows.

Around 9 of these friends know, and we are all very open about it and talk about it all a decent amount (one of them is bi, so we go on about who we like). Anyway, everyone else there who don't know, I'm reasonably fine with them knowing. There are 1 or 2 who I'm not really close enough that I want them to know, mainly because I think they would possibly spread it.

Half of me doesn't care because everyone I've invited are my friends, and my parents will be away for most of it so there's no worry of them finding out then. Does anyone have any experiences with this, or anything similar?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's always a possibility, I was drinking when I 1st came out to friends, Alcohol does loosen lips :slight_smile:

3. Holly

I guess I don't know why I'm really worrying. It could only go really bad if my parents were around, but that's only because I want to tell them in a more official sense than drunkenly shouting it across my house. I don't think anyone would take it badly, I guess I'm just scared someone will spread it...

4. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lose lips sink ships. If I were you I would just tell your friends that do know to keep an eye on you. :slight_smile:

5. Holly

Aha, well a few of them aren't drinking, so they will. I just go rather gay if I'm drunk, so I'm pretty sure it will be obvious. There's one friend who I'm really open about it with, and we often joke about it all, and she's drinking too. So that will be interesting :L

6. Wardrobe93

Ive had this problem the last few times ive been in town. I don't think you don't u will if you don't want to, I haven't...... yet :S