1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They're opening the closet door for me, yet Im dragging my feet...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AugieElle33, Jul 21, 2013.

1. AugieElle33

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a college age female and have known I was bisexual for a while, but had mostly pushed those feelings aside bc I wasn't sure if I was just questioning and hadn't really accepted myself as bi- recently however I developed a crush on an openly lesbian coworker and just kind of came to terms with yes, I am definitely bi. The thing is that I think several of my friends already suspect I may be bi, I have kissed a girl while drunk in their presence tho I chalked it up to being drunk as the reason why. Literally almost all of this particular friend group openly supports gay rights, and one friend in particular has a brother who is gay that she is super close with. This friend and I have become closer lately and my instinct is that she definitely knows, she has all but straight up asked me if im bi (i dont think she would just ask bc i think she knows it may be a weighty subject for me) she has brought up recently reiterating her support for gay rights, she thinks sexuality is a spectrum, sometimes she wonders if shed be into girls even, I kind of just wish shed just ask me... I just want to tell her and my other friends, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to just say it unless im drinking honestly and don't know if I want to text them about something like that, and I am also moving a few states away in a couple days bc i am transferring colleges (for reasons unrelated to being bi ) and don't know if I want to leave on that as a last note when I won't see them for ab 2 months? I was planning on telling the friends I know at the school I am transferring to when I get there and start my time at my new college as openly bi to anyone who asks, but part of me feels like I should tell my friends in my current city before I go? I have friends at the college I am transferring to as well but one is one of my best friends and I know she will be fine with it bc one of her roommates is bi, and the rest are very liberal and accepting. It's just more scary for me to tell my friends in my current city bc I honestly think Im scared of being vulnerable, but my friend with the gay brother is pretty much opening the closet door open, indirectly telling me she knows and accepts me regardless of who I love, yet I don't know how to just say it? Sorry this is so long I could just really use some advice on coming out...I was planning on telling my friends in my current city when I came back for a bit after being openly bi at my transfer school , but am now unsure if I should do it before I go, or maybe just my friend w the gay brother ?

2. 2112

I'd tell them. They've already said they would accept you and have gay and bi friends and family. There's nothing to worry about.

3. CuriousBunny

I'd definitely tell them, since they may question your honesty in saying that when you return.