1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some opionions guys!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Haags12950, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Haags12950

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey guys just a short update, I think Ive turned a corner. I was depressed for about a month but I finally broke out. I don't know what made me feel better but I just do. IM GAY (in the closet) but I'm proud of it now. Sure some people will hate me but so what mos people will accept me for who I am. I only have one small issue, I really really like this girl! Not physically, I like men, but we have grown so close! I don't feel sexually attracted but emotionally I am! I know long term I wanna Marry a man, but I really like this girl, should I suffer? I like men more physically and emotionally, I would date one if I was out of the closet and the gay guys at my school weren't so mean to everyone! Give me your thoughts please!!

2. boysdontcry

If you like this girl romantically and want to give it a go, there's nothing wrong with that. Just because you label as gay doesn't mean you can't like people that you, well, like! Come out when you're ready, but don't let your labels stop you from doing what you want!

3. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To be honest, I think it's a good idea, just so long as you promise not to break her heart.
    I feel like most teenagers (me included) are not totally sure, and it can be good to have an experience to sort of cement your feelings.

I would do it, if, you know, I was date material (I think my personality's good enough, but I'm hideous and I look like I'm 12 because of a hormonal condition.)

4. AudreyMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't rush into relationships just to "test" the water. That is NOT a way to figure out who you truly are, let alone you will either hurt yourself or someone else in the process. The best way to get your ducks in a row so to speak is literally take some time to think WHO you are, and what you desire from life. Therapy also helps a ton as well
    :thumbsup:

5. Amerigo

you like her, you don't love her

6. AudreyMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^ this:eusa_clap

7. CuriousBunny

You may just have feelings for her, and this is perfectly normal. Nobody identifies as a perfect 6 on the Kinsey Scale, so just do what your heart wants.

8. SecretlyASloth

So glad to hear your doing better :slight_smile:.
    My personal opinion is that if you really loved her you wouldn't look at it as "suffering".
    Once you've sorted your thoughts some more, I would keep in mind one thing.
    It's entirely possible you really like her, despite your predominant attraction to men. For example, there's a youtube gay couple named Shep689 with two men named RJ and Will. RJ previously identified as bisexual, but in reality refers to himself as "Willsexual". If you are attracted to a person, then don't let labels define you.
    Keep in mind, it's entirely possible you connect with her on an emotional level and you may just be great friends. From what you're telling us, that seems to be the most likely.

9. wanderinggirl

Do not lead her on. You say you are close; maybe she is the support person you need to come out, but if you hurt her she won't be there for you. If the feelings were sexual I'd say go for it; otherwise let this be an emotional bond.

Ultimately, you decide for yourself. Just make sure you don't date her because the gay guys in your school are mean. (that, i've been told, will get better.) I spent years bemoaning not fitting into a particular group: you need to have confidence that you will find a guy you like who likes you who isn't in an exclusive clique.

10. Wells

Wells Guest

I think you have all the opinion you need above. You like her. Not love. But you seem unsure so why not just try a relationship with her, or date her so there isn't too much heartbreak if anything goes wrong?
    Good luck anyways :slight_smile:

11. Haags12950

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks guys! I think it is just on an emotional level, but I'll go on a short kinda informal date and see how it goes. I would be happy just having her as a friend too! Thank you guys!