1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letters

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sirjeremydean, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Hey guys. My name's Jeremy. I'm very new around here. I'm 22-years-old, pre-everything FtM, and only out to my friends and my girlfriend (who have all been very supportive.)

I am NOT, however out to my family/my parents/my younger sister. They are a Chrisitan people and frown upon the LGBT community. They have made this VERY clear. Coming out as a transgender is going to kill them and probably hurt me. I fear that they will outcast me and disown me. Currently I am living with my sister and my parents, but am looking to move out of state. I plan on not telling anyone until the move is completed for fear of getting kicked out of the house.

Today I decided that I am going to write a letter to my family/my parents. I am NOT going to give it to them yet, though. I will keep it in my notebook and hide it until the time is right. I know this may seem "cowardly" to just write a letter, but as an inspiring author, I find that I use my words better in letters/writings rather than speaking them and fumbling over myself. My letter system has been very effective for many different things.

Here's to hoping that it works out in this case, too!

2. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sounds great. It's not how I would do it though. Just make sure you are financially independent and on your own before you that otherwise you can be cut off.

3. Wells

Wells Guest

Well, I hope there'll be a glimmer of acceptance in your parents, whether enough to show it to you, I do not know.
    Good luck anyways, EC and all the other LGBT people are here for you :grin:
    Maybe a letter is the best way to do it too.

4. CuriousBunny

I hope it works out well for you! Maybe, after reading your letter, your parents will surprise you with a change of heart. Good luck!