1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me if you please....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blondebookworm, May 6, 2008.

1. Okay so here goes. I'm currently crushing majorly on this guy friend of my older brother but i don't think it's just a huge crush. Everytime I'm with him i feel all warm and fuzzy, my stomach gets butterflies and i honestly can't form a single coherent thought around him, unless by chance i'm cought off guard by his visits to my house. He hangs out with my older brothers and plays Videogames and stuff with them. I also rode the bus with him for a while... god i think i'm totally infatuated.... -.- Now that we aren't on the bus together anymore we never talk unless by chance meeting at the store, and only for a fleeting minute at most. I REALLY like him... but i'm afraid to tell him for fear that he'll laugh it off as a silly crush of a brother's little sister.

:help: So.. help and advise me on what to do please... I'm sooooo confused. :help:

#1 blondebookworm, May 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2008
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Crushing on an older sibling's friend is as common as...well, older siblings, probably. Why? Probably because they're the ones with some proximity to you, and they seem so much more mature than ones your own age.

What to do? Sadly, not much. Because I think you've nailed it. He WILL probably see it as a silly crush from his friend's younger sister. Unless you're seeing REAL evidence to the contrary - when he comes over, does he seek you out? Strike up a conversation beyond "hey"? - that's what you are. His friend's little sister. He's probably not interested in taking that any further. At least, not at this time. In a year or two, maybe, but now. Sucks, but that's probably the way.

What do you do in the meantime? That's up to you. Honestly, I'd try to minimize contact. Not because he's bad news or anything ,but it's hard to get over somebody when he's RIGHT THERE. Keep busy, stay social, and move on. If you're still smitten once you're 17, you may have a shot. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Well thanks for replying Lex. It sucks that i was right when i was desperatly trying to be wrong... -.- I thank you for the input... even though i despise the truth.... -.-

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not one to give false hope when there isn't much. :slight_smile: Fantasize away in the privacy of your room, but beyond that, seek elsewhere.

Lex

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

How much older is he? If he's more than 17, the likelihood that he would consider you gets smaller and smaller I'm afraid. sorry (*hug*)