1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KelseaMariah9, May 6, 2008.

1. KelseaMariah9

Okay, so I'm dating this girl I've known for quite a while.
    We've been talking for a while... then when her dad found out he decided to try to keep us apart.... and i really missed her... My feelings weren't as strong when she asked me out... But I still have feelings for her...
    She's a hardcore stoner... and i used to be... But I'm quitting..
    I don't mind her smoking... but It makes me wanna do it again... when I hear her stories,
    (I won't be around it)... I really care for her, but I don't know what to do... I feel like I should take a break for myself... But I DON'T want to lose her... :'(...
    She's amazing. and Idk. :tears: (!) :eusa_doh: :help: :help: :help:
    I need a (*hug*)

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's your hug. (*hug*)

If she has no intention of quitting, and being around her makes you want to start again, then she is (as parents love saying) "a bad influence on you". It may not be deliberate or intentional, but there it is. Add that into the fact that her dad isn't keen on you two being together, and stir in a heaping helping of "my feelings aren't as strong", and you've got a pretty good argument for not hanging onto this.

I think your gut feeling is right. Take a break. For yourself.

Lex

3. KelseaMariah9

thanks... I still don't know... but you helped.... any more advice would be helpful..

4. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My thoughts exactly. Well put Lex

5. MeskElil

i honestly think that the above statements are right...a bad influence and not-strong feelings? girl, it sounds pretty bad to me.
    trust me--there are other people out there. ones that maybe parents will accept and that will not make you want to do drugs/smoking/alcohol/etc.
    i know what it's like to love someone--or even like someone--and have to let them go. but if it's not working right now...i think a break is the best bet.
    and welcome to E.C. by the way.