1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanna come out but afraid...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by misssunshine91, Jul 23, 2013.

1. misssunshine91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well.. the title says it already...
    I would love to come out... Some people know already (my mum, my 3 best friends and another friend of mine), but the rest... Idk, I think they have no idea because I had a boyfriend for about a month which is not long ago, but I broke up because it didn't work for me.. I wanted to give it a try, but as soon as it had started, I knew it wasn't the right thing.
    Well, I feel a bit like I'm lying to them because they don't know... And I don't want to be hiding anymore...

But I'm a little afraid... Not afraid of everyone knowing or of what they'd think because I'm pretty sure most of my friends would handle it well... But I'm afraid that certain things might change between us girls.. We use to hug each other a lot, cuddle and give each other comfort (like most normal girls do, I think), and I'm afraid that this might stop because .. Idk they might think it's kinda weird or something...

I mean I won't know as long as I keep thinking about it, I know I'm gonna tell them some time and I think that time will be there soon... But still... argh I'd just love to say "Hey I'm gay".. but there's always something holding me back...

Help??!!

2. Octavius

I'm gonna be honest with you, as long as you are comfortable with who you are and happy about it, then what everyone else has to say about it doesn't matter. i understand that you don't want to upset any of your friends or family, but at the end of the day the only one who has to live with who you are is you. You have to come to terms with that, not them. So i encourage you to be real in all that you do and never compromise