1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to attract guys my own age.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SlowEyes, May 6, 2008.

1. SlowEyes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm...so, I'm having some trouble meeting gay guys my own age. Men 30+ flock to me but its unwanted attention. Guys my own age (18-early 20's) avoid my like the plague. I dont even smell bad. I smell like a rainbow infact. And it's not like I'm a loser, I'm really really ridiculously popular.

sooo...is there some place specific i should go or something specific i should start doing?
    I just dont *get* it...according to the laws of attraction, I should be getting asked out every hour on the hour dammit.:icon_sad:

-Jesse

2. LOVEjames

... Okay I have no answer.
    Because you're gorgeous. :confused:

3. SlowEyes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That dosent really help, but thanks.

4. sayitforreals

Have you been wearing a mask out when you go to meet guys?

Cuz i mean, really, your gorgeous.

BUT

have you tried approaching males your age, or is it that you dont know any?

5. Brett

Maybe you're just too intimidating? I know that I'd be waaay to scared to ask out someone that looked like you, and maybe that's just how the guys your age feel. You might be getting attention from older men because they're more confident.

6. MeskElil

yeah, you're pretty fine :slight_smile: but i'm a girl talking, so it probably doesn't help.
    i am a tomboy, though, and i hang around a lot of guys...if that justifies me.
    well, are you putting yourself out there? i mean, if you're in a place that allows that. because i think just making yourself available is the best thing for you.
    and be yourself. don't pretend. no one likes that.
    and i'm sure that doesn't help AT ALL...i'm sorry. i'm just not that good with those things.

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By taking me there... lol. You're cute :slight_smile:

I have the same problem, basically no one younger than 27 or so is interested in me :frowning2: it sucks, because they always treat me like a kid (and sexually they assume I'm submissive which I'm not). Plus they tend to use me as a toy...

8. SlowEyes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont really go out to specifically meet guys, i just go out to hang with my friends.
    Toronto is filled with gay people, i just never get approached by gay guys my own age (tons that arent my age).

Should i be putting more effort into it? I figured I'd just let them come to me, but it dosent seem to work very well :dry:

9. sayitforreals

well maybe they are all waiting for you to make the first move. I dont think it would really require much for you to get a taker.

10. Paralyzer

Haha..... I like your attitude. XD
    Um.. maybe you're so ridiculously popular, boys are scared to go out with you because at 18, it's still very intimidating for some to walk into public's eye.
    Personally, I'm looking to be with someone where I can actually take joy in surrepticious flirting just for the thrill of the general public not knowing about us. But that's only a small part of me. I guess wait till others come out?.. but then again I don't know how accepting or w/e your area is so idk..

EDIT: Even if they are an out gay person, maybe they aren't comfortable with the kind of attention they might get if they get with you.. make sense? haha.....

11. MeskElil

sure! get out there and go! put on a suave face and be charming but candid. i'm sure it's just that younger people are more shy about it. so if you get the ball rolling...

12. LOVEjames

Yeah, I would say that you might be too hot, and the guys that you might be interested in are too afraid to go and approach you. You should like, go to a gay club or something. <3

13. Miaplacidus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jesse,

Now I see the problem. Look at Brett's reply. I am 18, of your age. I think you're quite good looking. However, I'd never, ever ask you out if I knew you personally, I'd look at myself in the mirror and say, "Fred, you look like a cow's ass, that guy isn't gonna pay attention to you, don't be stupid" and do nothing.

In your case you have to take some steps yourself. I hope this helps.

14. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have to agree with everyone else, your beautiful, i couldnt imagine why your not attracting your own age guys. Sometimes you have to go looking yourself though, you cant always wait for them to come to you.

15. Putting a little more effort into it couldn't hurt. People your age might assume you're already taken so it might be worth it to put a little more effort into making it known you're available.

16. SlowEyes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didnt realise it was so hard to keep up with a thread, this is more posts that I expected. Thanks, you guys.

1. I have been to a gay club...they're mostly 30+ guys in them.
    2. Holy...I'm not even gonna pretend I'm not good looking. I'm kind of a big deal. Are you guys saying i just need to..dress in drag or uglify myself?
    3. I dont really base who I like off of looks...but off course ppl who dont get to know me dont know this. I'm screwed, arent I?
    4. Fred, you have nothing to worry about in the looks department. I'd hit that:kiss:

17. LOVEjames

I think we're just saying that you need to go ask some guys that you find attractive out. And if they act nervous, it's because they're a little intimidated.

18. Miaplacidus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's see Jesse's Four Points. (Yeah I'm playing on Wilson's Fourteen Points)

1. Gay clubs are, at least in my experience, places full of not-so-nice people who are almost universally older than 20 something. So not the place.
    2. No, you don't need to dress in drag or uglify yourself. That's not what we meant; we meant that you have to make the first move because they won't make a move on you due to fear of being rejected.
    3. It's rare for a guy of our age not to, and I have quite a few problems with that (because I'm not that hot). That shouldn't be a problem for you though.
    4. Suuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrreeeeeeee.

19. SlowEyes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahhh, i get it. I'm a bit slow on the uptake of things.
    (4. I so would)

Thanks everyone. I'll try go to town with hitting on guys and see how it works out.

Now I just need to figure out how to get old ppl to stop offering me money in exchange for sex because...I'm almost broke and the idea is starting to sound not too shabby. :slight_smile:

20. Miaplacidus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't do it. Trust me, don't. I considered it very seriously in order to get out of this country. It was bad enough doing it for free with the older guys.