1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torn in Two...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MeskElil, May 6, 2008.

1. MeskElil

I'm sure a few people can relate to what i'm saying...
    i've got two best friends--one girl, one guy. and guess what? i'm crushing on both. i've known my guy friend forever, and he's never really enchanted me until this year, when i realized, "whoa! he's...wow!"
    and then there's my friend that's a girl. she was the one who started my brain thinking, "wait...am i really straight?" she's fun, and she's smart, and she's BEAUTIFUL. i've told her nearly everything about myself...everything except that i've got a huge crush on her.
    and my problems?
    Guy is getting over a MAJOR breakup with his girlfriend, who started going out with my other friend before they ever broke up (and that's only one crumb of a VERY long story) and he's...not happy, to say the least. i'm pretty much the only person here for him.
    AND
    Girl is straight. haha. oh, the irony. she pretty much turns me bisexual, and i can't even go out with her. AND she's not against gays/lesbians, but she's against bi's. heh-heh. that's even more ironic. she thinks that liking both genders is just plain weird.
    :tantrum:
    man, i'm so mad at myself! any advice on this? i'm not expecting much...maybe just comfort would be nice (&&&)
    thank you in advance...

2. NoLeafClover

In terms of ease, you'd have an 'easier' time sticking with the guy, I think, but if you're into the girl enough that it would bug you constantly, then you've got a dilemma =)

Her being against bi's is just an obstacle, not to mention being plain straight. It's usually non-productive to pine over someone you can't really have =\

I think you could be something good for the guy, given his situation. It sounds like he's in a weak position, so I'd advise that you don't take advantage of it, but do your best to get him on his own two feet before you express any further interest in him. It wouldn't be good for either of you if you jumped into it, IMO.

3. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Bad luck, hun (*hug*) It sounds like you're not expecting much from either of these people, relationships wise, and that's probably realistic. Neither of them sound that promising :frowning2: If I were you, I would try to get over them both. Maybe there's a chance with the guy, but you dn't want to be his rebound. And the girl's biphobia is pretty discouraging. I'm sorry (*hug*)

We've all been there with impossible crushes. You just have to sit them out.

4. MeskElil

Well, i've decided to follow your advice...my question is, how would you ask someone out? i'm not sure how to ask...because i know he won't, and i think i should, but i don't know how. because i've known him literally since we were in diapers (i've known him longer than Girl (above) has even been alive) and i'm not sure. because this isn't a stereotypical pick-up...how would you ask out a close friend?