1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

depressed..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pantslessrevolution, Feb 3, 2007.

1. pantslessrevolution

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ok, so..I came out to my parents and family and friends. My friends are totally cool with it, and so is the rest of my family. However, there just not communicating with me at all. They won't listen or barely talk to me. They act like things are ok, but they're not. I think I need professional help. I don't know any other people like me, and I need someone who I can talk to.

I just don't know what to do..should I confront them? Should I just keep looking online? I don't know, but I'm so depressed. That's not all the problem, but I have to go cause my parents will be come in..

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

It's called withdrawl...they're in shock...they love you and are probably going to be ok with this, but it's going to take some time. If they haven't freaked out or if they said "it's ok you're gay", then don't be too worried about this distancing feeling. It could be temporary it took a couple of months for my parents too come out of that same stage. I believe there's a thread on this...one of the mods posted it as a sticky somewhere. About what to expect when you come out to parents....ehh, some help Paul/Dave/TriBi?

**EDIT**

Oops nvm found it....maybe these might help
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7

#2 Proud1p4, Feb 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2007
  3. TriBi

Thx proud! :slight_smile:

Yes - those links do have some really useful and pretty "spot on" stuff in them.

4. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Anything i can do to make the mods days a little easier.:lol:

5. iluvboyssowhat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yep, most parents go through the stages of death when their sons or daughters come out.

Denial
    Anger
    Depression
    Acceptance

I swear i'm missing one.